Yesterday, we announced the top 40 in the Takeaway of the Year category for next years National Fish and Chip Awards. This announcement generated quite the buzz in the media, with various outlets covering the story.
To name a few:
- The Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12601413/Britains-best-fish-chip-takeaways-named-national-awards-shortlist.html
- The Mirror: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-40-fish-chip-shops-31115032
- The Daily Star: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/britains-top-40-fish-chip-31119538
- Wales Online: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/best-chip-shops-wales-uk-27850932
- Daily Record: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/scotlands-top-fish-chip-shops-31120260
And many more.
The buzz created by yesterday’s announcement was nothing short of electric. From this response, it is clear that fish and chips remain an integral part of the nation’s heritage.
The National Fish and Chip Awards are set to have a huge, positive impact on the industry as a whole. First and foremost, the media coverage brings much-deserved recognition to the top 40 takeaways, but also, it has got thousands of people craving fish and chips from their local chippy, just in time for Friday!
We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to enter our awards. Whether you are in the top 40 or not, you have contributed to the scale of this event and the positive effect on the industry.
Good luck to those in the top 40!
Nominate Your Employee or Supplier of the Year
There are still two nomination categories open for the National Fish and Chip Awards. If you have an employee that goes the extra mile or a supplier that never lets you down, why not nominate them for an award?