THE LATEST SHOPS TO CONTINUE TO SET THE BENCHMARK FOR QUALITY
- Clifton Village – Bristol
- Mega Chippy – Huddersfield
- The Forum Frier – Dorset
- Bizzie Lizzie’s – Skipton BD23 1QY
- Bizzie Lizzie’s – Skipton BD23 1ED
- Burton Road Chippy – Lincoln
- The Real Food Cafe – Tyndrum, Perthshire
- Whisliers of Westbourne – Portsmouth
- Old Swinford Fish & Chips – Stourbridge, West Midlands
- Fish Face – Lichfield, Staffordshire
The NFFF Quality Accreditation Scheme replaces the existing NFFF Quality Award which has acted as the fish and chip industry benchmark for best practice since 2011.
The accreditation continues to identify fish and chip outlets that serve the highest quality fish and chips following a virtual assessment/audit of the premises, equipment, working practices, hygiene standards and management controls, together with the quality fish and chips.
To qualify, each shop has to go through an online audit which is then inspected by an NFFF Approved Assessor who assesses the shop’s presentation, hygiene and cleanliness, staff training, equipment, frying and sales skills and most importantly the quality of the cooked product. Following the online audit, a zoom inspection takes place within the shop by the NFFF assessor.
This accreditation continues to set the benchmark for quality within the industry. It signal to the consumer that they can buy with confidence where the certificate is displayed, and it encourages more outlets to raise their standards.